What To Know...
The West Molokai Board of Directors is established in the By-Laws of the West Molokai Association, Article II, Section 1 for the purpose of managing the business and affairs of the corporation.
The Board of Directors consists of seven members. The members currently elected and holding office are:
- Richard Westlund, President
- Norm Rizk, Vice President
- Susan Knowles, Secretary
- Bill Leach, Treasurer
- David Jensen, Director
- Malia Kino, Director
- Steve Notman, Director
April 9, 2013
The WMA Board of Directors unanimously adopted and agreed to subscribe to the West Molokai Association Code of Ethics as a condition for service on the WMA Board of Directors:
West Molokai Association Board Code of Ethics
The purpose of this code of ethics is to affirm our understanding that we have a fiduciary responsibility to represent the interests of association members; and that we will declare all potential conflicts of interest, maintain confidentiality on all matters the Board deems to be confidential by holding discussions in executive sessions, and refuse all payments and gifts that could influence our decisions or the outcome of Board deliberations. By so doing we reaffirm our obligations to association members and acknowledge potential personal liabilities should we violate these principles.
- “A conflict of interest transaction is a transaction with the corporation in which a director of the corporation has a direct or indirect interest”. Section 414D-150, Hawai’i Revised Statutes.
- Upon election and whenever necessary thereafter, each director will provide complete and timely disclosure of personal and financial relationships related to all matters that may come before the Board
- No director shall solicit or accept, directly or indirectly, any gifts, gratuity, favor, entertainment, loan or any other thing of monetary value from a person who is seeking to obtain contractual or other business or financial relations with the association.
- No director shall accept a gift, payment or favor made with the intent of influencing a decision or action on any official matter.
- No director shall receive any compensation from the association for serving on the board.
- No director shall knowingly misrepresent facts to the members of the community for the purpose of advancing a personal cause and/or encouraging or influencing the community to place pressure on the board to advance a personal cause, or for any other reason.
- No promise of anything not approved by the board as a whole can be made by any director to any subcontractor, supplier or contractor during negotiations. Directors negotiating on behalf of the board shall disclose to the other party that all agreements shall be subject to approval by the board unless the board has by resolution duly adopted authorized the director to bind the board.
- No director will knowingly reveal to any parties or individuals any information regarding executive sessions or any other information that is intended to be confidential.
- No director shall attend or participate in any debate or discussion of any matter upon which the director has a conflict of interest.
Breaches of confidentiality might entail whatever consequences our legal counsel feels are appropriate and within legal bounds.
PROCEDURE TO CALL INTO MONTHLY WMA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETINGS:
All Board Meetings currently are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m., PST (either 3:00 or 4:00 p.m., HST depending on daylight savings). Regular meetings of the Board of Directors are open to members. You may contact any board member either individually or as a group via e-mail at email@example.com.
The dial in number is: 1 (563) 999-2090 and the conference ID is: 561009. Follow the instructions on the line.
The WMA Board of Directors
2018 Board Minutes
PDF versions of Minutes from Board of Directors meetings held during 2010 – 2017 can be found on TownSq
Read the Resolution 2018-001 on TownSq or you can check the Governing Documents tab (offering support for Molokai Properties, Limited and its subsidiaries as it negotiates with Maui County for the exchange of ROWs owned by MPL and its subsidiaries to be turned over to Maui County subject to the gifting of land to Maui County.)
Read the Resolution 2014 -001 on TownSq or the Governing Docs tab (offering support for Molokai Public Utilities (MPU) submittal of an Environmental Assessment (EA) in September, 2012 for renewal of an existing lease of the Molokai Irrigation System (MIS). This lease is for the purpose of transporting water from Well 17 to West Molokai residents.)
Read the WMA Adopted Resolution 2014-002 – Amended January 14, 2016 on TownSq or in the Governing Documents tab (requesting that the HONORABLE MAYOR of MAUI COUNTY and the HONORABLE COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES of MOLOKAI undertake discussions with the Executive Management and Owner Representatives of Kaluakoi Roads, LLC for purposes of agreeing to a path forward as regards to the existing Kaluakoi Roads, LLC ROW on West Molokai)
Read the WMA Resolution 2012-001 on TownSq or the Governing Documents tab (defining the mission and role of the windmill committee).
Read the WMA Resolution 2011-001 on TownSq or the Governing Documents tab (offering teleconference option for board meeting participation). *Note: Resolution 2011-001 was RESCINDED on April 19, 2013 as it is no longer a valid procedure.
These Documents will be available on TownSq or in the Governing Documents tab
Read the Adopted Collection Policy.
Previous Years Annual Meeting, Board Meeting and Board Resolutions prior to 2010 can be found on TownSq or in the Governing Documents tab.
NOTICE: The information on this website is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the property owners of the West Molokai Association. Any review, use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited except by, or on behalf of, the intended owners.